Tuesday, July 08, 2014

A Time and a Season for Everything

I am coming to terms with there being a time or season for everything. We have been out of our previous home for 1.5 years. By the time we close, it will be 2 years. It feels as if it has been a long time coming. Except, by the time we are in there it will feel like the time we waited, was no time at all. I know that. That is what seems to happen with every season. It seems to drag on eternally, until one day you look back and realize that the season has passed. 


So, I am learning to be patient. That is a characteristic that I have attempted to master these past few years. All things come with time and there is no sense in rushing things because sooner or later they will turn out the way they are supposed to. Sometimes, I have think I have become too lax in that regard. But as my dad has always mentioned  "haste makes waste".

So I am going to appreciate this season for what it is. In the end, I will have a beautiful home to share with my family. A chance to start over new.

This will be the 2nd entrance (plus sewer) into our community, the newest development changes since the last week.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-13 There is an opportune time to do things, a right time for everything on the earth: a right time for birth and another for death, a right time to plant and another to reap, a right time to kill and another to heal, a right time to destroy and another to construct, a right time to cry and another to laugh, a right time to lament and another to cheer, a right time to make love and another to abstain, a right time to embrace and another to part, a right time to search and another to count your losses, a right time to hold on and another to let go, a right time to rip out and another to mend, a right time to shut up and another time to speak up, a right time to love and another to hate, a right time to wage war and another to make peace. God made everything beautiful in itself and in its time - but he's left us in the dark so we can never know what God is up to, whether he's coming or going. I've decided that there's nothing better to do than go ahead and have a good time and get the most we can out of life. That's it - eat, drink, and make the most of your job. It's God's gift. I've also concluded that whatever God does, that's the way it's going to be, always. God's done it and that's it. That's so we'll quit asking questions and simply worship in holy fear.

2 comments:

  1. Michelle- I've turned to faith throughout this entire process and it has helped me a ton. There have been many road bumps along the way for us. Living with family while our home is built is going to try my patience daily... My brother is a bachelor and he is accustomed to a different way of life than I am. So it will definitely take some time to get on the same page. We will probably achieve that balance as we are packing to move OUT of his home.

    Your community doesn't have infrastructure yet? All the Ryan communities in Illinois are "picked up" from old developers who were not able to sustain the housing crash. They basically come in where the previous developer left off and begin building. I'm sure this is pretty cost effective for them as they already have sewers, streets, and most wiring done. I would love I see a community from the ground up such as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs Bridget! We will get through this! Literally, living with my family while we wait is a blessing, I am thankful.. but God knows, all I can think about is my own space!! Hang in there though. Hopefully only 4 more months or so? Maybe five for us.. but at least the clock is ticking!

      But no, there was no infrastructure at all. Literally we are at the very very beginning phase. Like the area wasn't even cleared before we picked our lot. We just looked at a blueprint and said lets go with it! So as we speak the plumbing for the entire neighborhood is being laid now. Maybe in another month or so the roads will be in and ground can be broken for homes! But we are definitely in it for the long haul. There will be construction in our neighborhood for years to come. Mostly because we were the first ones to sign a contract and because it is going to be such a massive development with single family homes and town homes. Not to mention a shopping center, schools, fields and parks. I'm really not sure what all of that is going to look like, because I mostly just still see farm land! Haha.. only time will tell! :)

      That's great that at least the neighborhoods have been picked up. Where my parents lived and where we used to live both had developers pull out but at least the development was mostly completed. It was just little things that were not fulfilled. Both of them were Ryan Homes developers at that. But I really have no complaints.

      Delete

 
Blogging tips